Extreme Output V6 Ecoboost
Radical Performance Engines was given the challenge of generating more power through the Ford V6 Ecoboost. RPE met the challenge head on, creating a series of work streams to achieve a higher power output.
- Custom RPE cylinder support modification
- JE 9:1cr forged piston with low friction skirt coating
- Carrillo forged connecting rods
- Main bearing upgrade (Tri-metal race bearings)
- Big end bearing upgrade (Tri-metal race bearing)
- Motorsport head studs
- Black nitride intake valves
- Inconel sodium-filled exhaust valves
- Valve spring upgrade
- Top hat valve shim upgrade
- Valve bucket upgrade
- Custom RPE camshaft reprofile
- Custom gasflowed cylinder head
- Latest specification Ni-Resist exhaust manifolds
- GTX2967r Hybrid turbocharger (Larger 90 Trim Turbine Wheel with a .86ar housing, ported internal wastegate)
- Custom mapping
- Rising rate pressure on port injection
- Bosch style adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- Tri-metal race bearings fitted for additional load carrying and fatigue resistance
850hp is achieved with 23 psi (1.58bar) of boost pressure, torque is electronically limited via boost pressure to 636 ft/lb.
Due to a substantially revised valvetrain and turbo setup, an increased RPM limit can be applied (8000rpm) allowing for a higher power output without an increase in torque. This is achieved with less boost pressure.